This is a web-site. It is not a blog. It is intended to put on the record details of my career and publications. The reminiscences are more anecdotal than strictly biographical, aiming to entertain as well as to inform. I will up-date the site periodically, for as long as is necessary.
Updated 23 September 2020
1. Having given up my flat in Cambridge in January, I now live full-time in Hove. I am not travelling so as to reduce the risk of catching CV19.
2. I have written two papers for the International Journal of Environmental Studies:
Problems with analysing meteorologiccal data for assessing climate change; examples from Bangladesh (in press).
Soil-environmental relationships on the Brahmaputra and Ganges floodplains in Bangladesh (under review).
3. Two papers were published this year in Agriculture4Development, the journal of the Tropical Agricultural Association:
Agtricultural Hazard Management in Bangladesh (in Issue 39).
BRAC's Innovative Contributions to Agricultural Development in Bangladesh and elsewhere (with Dr Mushtaque Chowdhury) (in Issue 40).
4. I have been reviewing sections of a draft report on the South-west region of Bangladesh including the Sunderbans.
5. I regularly comment to authors of papers on Bangladesh when I see information that I consider incorrect.
Originally drafted December 2014.
Updated 5 July 2018, 22 November 2019 and 2 March 2020
Hugh Brammer firstname.lastname@example.org
Hugh Brammer passed away 13 January 2021.
His Remembrance site https://www.remembr.com/en/hugh.brammer shows memories and condolences of friends and family.
This website, https://www.hughbrammer.me/, has been maintained in his memory.
It includes his Reminiscences - seven chapters on stages in his life; reference lists of his books, book chapters, published papers, reports; a CV and career summary.